ECO-FRIENDLY CONSTRUCTION THAT SETS THE STANDARD
At Pineapple, we’re well-versed in the art and science of building energy-efficient luxury homes using sustainable construction materials and building techniques. We’re committed to helping conserve the natural resources of Northeast Florida and love building homes in Greater Jacksonville that saving homeowners money over the long-term maintenance costs of their homes.
Some of the many elements that contribute to energy savings in a home include:
- Sustainable, Low-Impact Construction Materials & Building Techniques
- Photo Voltaic or Passive Solar Design Using Sun and Site Location
- Geo-Thermal Heating or other High-Efficiency Plumbing & HVAC Systems
- High-Performance Insulation
- Energy-Efficient Appliances
- Low-flow Toilets, Faucets, Valves and other Water-Saving Fixtures
- Radiant Barriers
- Eco-Friendly, LED & Florescent Lighting
- Programmable Thermostats
- Non VOC Paints & Stains
- Incorporation of Salvaged or Recycled Materials, as Desired
PINEAPPLE BUILDS ENERGY STAR V3 CERTIFIED HOMES IN FLORIDA
The team at Pineapple is especially proud of being able to design and build large footprint, luxury custom homes for our clients that achieve the ENERGY STAR Florida Program Version 3 certification. The larger a home is, the more challenging it becomes to achieve this rating. However, our team understands what it takes to overcome these obstacles and provide our clients with the energy-efficient custom luxury home of their dreams.
According to recent studies, ENERGY STAR certified homes are proven to be at least 10% more efficient than homes built to standard code and achieve 20% improvement on average. To earn an ENERGY STAR rating, homes must meet strict program requirements for energy efficiency developed by ENERGY STAR’s Residential New Construction program. These extensive requirements rely on heavy interaction with the nation’s home-building industry, including builders, developers, verification professionals, and building scientists.
The Environment Protection Agency (EPA) sets a set of rules for homes that can receive certification and homes that cannot. Homes are ranked on an efficiency scale of 1-100, and homes must have a score of 75 or higher to earn an ENERGY STAR certification. In order to ensure that a home meets ENERGY STAR V3 standards, a third-party verification by an Energy Rating Company is required. Other requirements include:
- Must have ENERGY STAR rated ceiling fans, dishwashers, and refrigerators
- Light bulbs must be in a Qualified Light Fixture Location as established by the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET)
- All supply ducts and air handlers must be modeled in a conditioned space
BENEFITS OF HAVING A ENERGY STAR HOME
Having a home that is ENERGY STAR certified offers a number of desirable benefits for homeowners in Florida:
- Save money – When your home is ENERGY STAR certified, that means that it will be more energy-efficient than homes built to code minimums. In return, ENERGY STAR homes will consume significantly less energy, which means lower energy bills.
- Help the environment – There are a number of harmful gases that are produced through home energy usage and burning fuels for heat. With ENERGY STAR, your certified home will produce greenhouse gas emissions at a rate of 35% less, which is a huge help to the environment.
- Enjoy a more comfortable space – Homeowners who choose to invest in an ENERGY STAR certified home will see, hear and feel a difference the moment they step inside.
- Have peace of mind – With better design and construction comes peace of mind for homeowners. When you choose to have your home ENERGY STAR certified, you can be confident that it everything from your home’s foundation to its appliances will deliver only the best results.
- Increase your home’s value and curb appeal – With more people today valuing energy efficiency and eco-friendly living, there is no doubt that having an ENERGY STAR certification will increase your home’s value and also appeal more to homebuyers in the future.